Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Honey Garlic Chicken

My crock pot has been working overtime the past couple of days.  After a batch of yogurt, and a pot of white chicken chili for a work potluck, I tried out this recipe for dinner.  It was good.  It didn't blow me away, but definitely an easy and flavorful way to serve chicken.


1.5 to 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 garlic colves, smashed and chopped
1 tsp dried basil (didn't use this because I didn't have any.  Who doesn't have dried basil??  Apparently me)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup honey

Use a 4-quart slow cooker (it will cook faster if using a 6-quart).  Put the chicken into the slow cooker.  In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, then pour evenly over the top.  Cook on low for 6 hours. Shred or carefully remove thighs from crock pot and serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...