Friday, September 30, 2011

Gnocchi with Sage-Butter Sauce

While my husband was away, two of my dear friends from Seattle sent me an awesome care package filled to the brim with goods from Trader Joes!!  Knowing that I love this dish, they included a package of gnocchi.  I decided it was time to test out another use for the tasty little balls of dough.  This was fantastic and my family finished off every last bite.


2 (12 ounce) packaged potato gnocchi (I only used one, but made enough butter sauce as if I were using two packages.  There was a lot of sauce, but I like butter!)
1/4 cup butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp dried sage (I used 5 fresh leaves finely chopped)
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp ground black pepper


Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.  Add the gnocchi pasta, and cook until the float to the surface, 2 to 3 minutes; drain.

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat.  Stir in the garlic, and cook until the garlic has softened and is beginning to turn golden brown, about 4 minutes.  Stir in the sage and salt for a few seconds, then add the cooked gnocchi.  Toss gently with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and the pepper.  Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese to serve.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds yummy! I love Gnocchi, and I love butta! Of course I can't get it here (Gnocchi, not butter;) but I have a recipe for homemade if I ever get up the energy to try it. Of course, I'd have to buy a food mill first... :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...