Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Easy Quiche


This is my go-to quiche.  Simple.  Easy.  Consistently good.


8 slices bacon
4 ounces cheese, grated (monteray jack or colby jack are my favs)
2 Tbsp butter, melted
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup flour
1 1/4 cups milk


Cook bacon until crispy.  Crumble and set aside, leaving grease in pan.  Cook onions 2-3 minutes in grease from bacon.  Drain and set aside.

Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate.  Line bottom of plate with cheese and crumbled bacon.

Combine eggs, butter, onion, salt, flour and milk; whisk together until smooth.  Pour into pie plate.

Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until set.  Serve hot or cold.

2 comments:

  1. I made a double batch of this recipe early in the week & we've been eating a square (made in a 9x13 pan) each morning before work. It's quite tasty with a great texture! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will try this for MOPS! Hope you're doing well - by the way, congrats on your pregnancy... I'm expecting too! I think I'm about a month or two behind you. We seem to time our babies about the same! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...