Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tiramisu Bundt Cake

I'm glad I shared this with other people before posting the recipe.  After my first bites, I thought it was moist and delicious, but not much more flavorful than a regular white cake with white frosting.  I think my pregnancy taste buds were messing with me because everyone else raved about the cake and said they could definitely taste the coffee flavors.  My husband loved it.  So I'll let you decide for yourself.  It certainly doesn't get much easier than this (although I will say that frosting a bundt cake was not my favorite thing to do).


1 box white cake mix
1 pint coffee ice cream, melted
3 eggs
1 container, 12 oz., whipped vanilla frosting (next time I would use a 14oz. container and make the teaspoon of coffee granules a heaping teaspoon.  I could have used more frosting)
1 tsp. instant coffee granules dissolved in 1 Tbsp. water
cinnamon sugar for dusting, optional    


Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat a 10-cup bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray and lightly dust with flour.

In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs and ice cream on low speed for 1 minute.  Beat 2 minutes on medium speed.  Scrape into prepared pan.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.  Cook on wire rack in pan for 20 minutes.  Invert cake on to wire rack to cool completely.

In large bowl, beat frosting and instant coffee mixture until thoroughly blended.

Place cake on stand and spread with frosting.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.  Dust with cinnamon sugar if desired.

Make ahead tip:  Bake cake up to 2 weeks in advance.  Cool completely on wire rack, then wrap unfrosted and freeze.  Remove from freezer the day of serving and thaw for 3 hours before frosting.

1 comment:

  1. definitely need to try this cake recipe...and the last post reminds me of my grandma...she made the world's best gingersnaps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...