Thursday, May 27, 2010

White Chicken Chili

This is yet another wonderful recipe from my friend, Jaime (her picture, too!). I'd heard about her white chicken chili for a while and finally understood why it got such rave reviews when she brought it for dinner after my daughter was born. Oh, is this stuff GOOD!


3-5 skinless chicken breasts
½ large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 14.5oz can chicken broth
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp red pepper sauce
2 cans (15oz) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15oz) white hominy corn, drained
3 Tbsp lime juice
2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro


Mix onion, garlic, broth, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper sauce in a slow cooker. Add chicken, then cover and cook on low heat 5-6 hours, or until chicken is tender enough to shred. After shredding the chicken, stir in beans, hominy, lime juice and cilantro. Cover and cook for 45 minutes to an hour longer.
Serve with bagel chips or tortilla chips and pepper jack cheese.

1 comment:

  1. I just made this! It was AWESOME. I used 6 or 7 still-frozen chicken tenderloins and there was plenty of chicken. I used half a bunch of chopped cilantro b/c I forgot to look at the recipe which only called for 2 Tbsp, but I love cilantro. I used the juice from 2 limes which was probably more than 3 Tbsp, but it was really limey and I liked it. I totally forgot to sprinkle the pepper jack cheese I bought, bummer. I ate it with blue corn & flax tortilla chips - also yum. Myla ate an entire bowl and wanted more... she liked the "white" beans and thought the hominy was tofu... not sure why... but ate it all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...