Thursday, May 6, 2010

Edamame Pate

I'm glad my curiosity about this recipe from Vegetarian Times was enough for me to try it out. My son and I gobbled up our sandwiches! My husband wasn't a big fan, but that meant more for us to enjoy the next day for lunch! I think raw red peppers would be just as tasty.


1-1/4 C frozen shelled edamame, thawed

1/2 C walnuts

1/3 C mint leaves, packed

1 green onion, chopped

1/2 tsp salt

3 Tbs lemon juice

8 slices whole grain bread

2 C arugula (I think spinach would be just as good)

4 jarred roasted red peppers, drained (or make your own)

2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced


Puree edamame, walnuts, mint, green onion, and salt in a food processor until finely chopped. With the motor running, add lemon juice and 3 Tbs water. Process until smooth. Spread each of 4 bread slices with 1/3 C pate. Add 1/2 C arugula, 1 roasted red pepper, and cucumbers to each. Top with remaining bread slices. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...