Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lemon and Herb Roasted Chicken

We enjoyed this tasty bird with my husband's parents after a long day of playing. The picture makes it look like something burned, but it's just the herbs. Oh, this was tender, juicy, and so good!


one thawed and skinned whole chicken (my kitchen shears worked the best for getting the goopy skin off)
one whole head of garlic
2 lemons
salt and pepper
a bunch of fresh rosemary (I used 3 Tbsp. of an assortment of dried herbs I had on hand: rosemary, oregano, and basil mostly)


After you skin the chicken (and keep from puking), rub it inside and out with a bunch of salt and pepper. Drop the bird into the crockpot.

Peel the garlic and shove a bunch of the whole cloves into the bird cavity and then throw some more on top and around the chicken.

Slice the lemon and put slices on top, around, and inside the bird

Wash the rosemary and do the same.

Do not add water. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. The meat will be very tender and easily fall off the bone, so carefully pull meat out and serve. We enjoyed ours over rice.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so afraid of whole chickens. I just can't do it. Unless they are already roasted from Costco. Even then, I make Mark shred them because I can't deal with the bones. Reason #345987 I will never be a gourmet cook: Can't deal with bones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...