Monday, October 17, 2011

Veggies and Cheese Pasta Bake

I was feeling inspired by this dish and this bread one night (both are definitely worth making if you haven't tried them already).  The result was fantastic!  You should give this a try with veggies that sound good to you.


4 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 pound pasta (I used a tiny version of bowtie I found called farfalline - random - but I'm sure any kind would work)
2-3 chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup Monteray Jack cheese, cut into small cubes
Veggies -  I just used what I had on hand:
2 cups broccoli, cut into small chunks (I used the rest of the frozen bag from this recipe)
1/2 yellow squash, sliced into thin bite bits
I think mushrooms, and/or zucchini would work well also.




Fill bottom of 9x13 pyrex dish with pasta.  Evenly scatter chicken bites, vegetables, and cheese cubes on top.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

In a medium sized saucepan, bring chicken broth, water, butter, garlic, salt, and pepper to a boil.  Once boiling, remove from heat and carefully pour into prepared pyrex.

Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven at 400 for 40 minutes, or until most of liquid is absorbed and chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...