Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Chocolate Apple Squares

These were good, but not my favorite.  I think the raisin and chocolate combination weirded me out.  They do that a lot over here in England.  I'm still not quite used to it.  But it was still a yummy snack to have on hand for the week and the kids loved them.  I adapted the recipe from one my Nana gave me a long time ago.


1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 small apple, peeled, cored finely chopped
1/2 cup raisins
3 oz. oats
1 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350.  Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.

Combine both flours, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.  Set aside.  Beat sugar and butter until fluffy.  Gradually add flour mixture, alternating with applesauce, until blended.  Stir in rest of the ingredients.

Bake for 30-40 minutes.  Let cool.  Cut into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...