Monday, July 11, 2011

Zucchini Feta Tart

I knew Jessie would have a good recipe to use up my Gruyere cheese.  But when I went to get the Gruyere, it had mold.  Ugh.  I pulled out the feta instead and just went with it, making a couple other changes.  I cooked the crust a little too long, but other than that I thought the adapted result was delicious!



4 zucchini (about 2 pounds), shredded
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
6 tablespoons butter, melted
Pepper


Preheat the oven to 375°. In a colander, toss zucchini with the salt and let drain, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs with the rosemary, 1/4 cup feta and the butter. Press the mixture evenly into a 10-inch springform pan (I used a pie plate) and bake until set and golden, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Increase the oven temperature to 400°.

Using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the zucchini. In a bowl, toss the zucchini and remaining 3/4 cup feta. Season with pepper. Top the crust evenly with the zucchini mixture and bake until lightly golden, about 45 minutes. Run a knife around edge of the tart before removing the side of the pan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...