Friday, July 29, 2011

Crockpot Corn (sorta) Chowder

This was interesting, and surprisingly very good.  I wouldn't necessarily call it chowder, but it had a creaminess to it from the cream cheese.  I think adding some potatoes would give more of a chowder texture and feel.  But the taste was fine.  My daughter and I both had second helpings!


1 16-ounce bag frozen corn
1 15.5 ounce can corn (and juice)
1 quart chicken broth
1 small onion, diced
1/2 tsp black pepper
4 ounces cream cheese
salt to taste (I didn't add any)


Empty both corns into your crockpot.  Add chicken broth, onion, and pepper.  Drop in cream cheese.  Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours, or until onion is translucent and the soup is fully heated.

Stir well.

Use either an immersion blender or ladle the soup into a Vitamix and pulse to "chowderify".  I didn't blend mine very long and the texture was a bit funky.  More blending for a smoother texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...