Friday, January 14, 2011

Savory Pumpkin Cheddar Muffins

Whoa . . . WHOA these are so good.  You just thought I was done with pumpkin.  Oh, no.  I had a large can sitting in my cupboard begging to be used.  But these are so moist and yummy, it's worth buying an out-of-season-priced can of pumpkin to make a batch, or two.  Thankfully I had some friends over to help eat them all, otherwise I think I would have forgone my dinner for another muffin, or two.


1 c. canned pumpkin
3 TBSP sour cream (I used plain yogurt)
2 eggs
1 stick unsalted butter, cooled and melted
2 c. flour
1 & 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1 & 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1 & 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 c. light brown sugar
1 & 1/4  c. grated sharp cheddar

Preheat oven to 400.  Lightly coat the insides of 12 muffin cups with vegetable oil or cooking spray.


Whisk together the pumpkin and sour cream.  Whisk in the eggs and cooled, melted butter until combined.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, cayenne, salt, pepper and brown sugar.  Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.  Add the wet ingredients into the well and gently fold until combined.  Fold in 3/4ths of the cheese.



Divide the batter among the muffin cups.  Sprinkle tops with the remaining cheese.  Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed.  Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out the muffins to a cooling rack.  Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...