Monday, November 22, 2010

Easy Slow-Cooker Thai Beef

Yes, this is pretty much as far away from Meatless Monday as you can get!  I'm letting myself off the hook during the holidays.  We'll still have meatless meals, but I'm not going to worry about them happening every Monday.  So we'll move on.  This is one of my favorite sites for crock pot ideas.  I used her picture for this post as well as the recipe.  It was, indeed, super easy.  I wasn't blown away by the taste, though.  I should have made my own peanut satay sauce (here's my favorite recipe), and I would suggest going all out and using coconut cream instead of milk to get a more rich flavor.


2 pounds beef chuck roast
1 (8-ounce) bottle peanut satay sauce 
1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk (full fat is best)
1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots
cooked basmati rice for serving
1/4 cup chopped peanuts for garnish (optional)


Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Put the beef into the bottom of your cooker, and add the peanut sauce and the whole can of coconut milk.  Flip the meat over a few times to get it good and saucy. Add baby carrots. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until meat is fork-tender and pretty much falls apart. Stir well to distribute sauce, and serve over hot rice.
Garnish with a sprinkle of peanuts, if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...