Monday, June 22, 2009

Chicken Satay Skewers with Peanut Sauce


I forgot to take my own picture, so I borrowed this one! My sister's sister-in-law makes these and they are fantastic!! I got the recipe to make them and take to a shower this past weekend, and they were all gone by the end of the afternoon. So yummy!!


Marinade:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tbsp oil

Sauce:
1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp. sweet hot chili sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. cumin

Make chicken skewers (or cubes) - as much or as little chicken as you want! Marinade in garlic soy sauce for at least one hour.

Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a small sauce pan and warm up (don't bring to a boil or it will separate), stirring frequently. You can make the sauce the day before and just microwave it when you need it. If the sauce is too thick, just add more coconut milk!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...