Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hummus - my new discovery


I love hummus. I've been making my own, and while it usually tastes good, I could never seem to get it the right texture. It always seemed a little gritty. Until now. I saw this recipe and decided to give it a try. It tasted bland, but the eggplant idea was brilliant! On another attempt, I washed a medium-sized eggplant, wrapped the whole thing tightly in foil, and put it in the oven at 375 for an hour. I added the eggplant to my hummus mixture (I don't really have a recipe for it - sorry. I just kinda wing it each time) and - voila! Perfectly creamy hummus that still tasted good. You've got to try it!

1 comment:

  1. this recipe DOES have tahini in it! remember when i wondered if it did and called you from the store?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...