This was a great twist on normal pasta salad. The mediterranean flare was delicious. We had it for dinner this week (by itself) and everyone was satisfied. The recipe makes a lot of yogurt sauce and I ended up only using about two-thirds because I thought the flavor would over-power the other ingredients.
1 16oz. container low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill (I used 1 tsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (16-oz.) package penne pasta
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1 (9.9-oz.) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Process first 7 ingredients in a food processor (or Vitamix!) for 30 seconds or until thoroughly blended. Transfer to a bowl, and cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place cooled pasta in a large bowl. Stir in olives and next 3 ingredients until well blended. Add yogurt mixture, and stir just until well coated. Gently stir in feta cheese. Cover and chill 1 hour.