Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Roasted Broccoli Hummus

I'm really excited to share this recipe with you!  I've tried so hard to find a good hummus recipe that didn't require Tahini paste.  But when I saw this recipe and then found jars of Tahini buy one get one free, I decided to just give in.  So glad I did!  I love this hummus dip.  Do expect to taste the broccoli, but if you like roasted broccoli (like my daughter and I do), then you will most likely enjoy this nutritious and filling snack.  My favorite was to spread it across a toasted baguette.  Mmmm . . .  


Makes approximately 2 cups

1 15 oz can white beans (I used garbanzo)
1/2 pound roasted broccoli (recipe follows)
2 garlic cloves, roasted (these are roasted with the broccoli - sweet on the outside with a pleasant garlic heat internally)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1 Tbsp Tahini
salt

Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender.  Add a little bit of water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to help blend and to achieve desired consistency.  Taste and add salt.  Taste again.  And again.

Can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.  Serve with a drizzle of a fine olive oil.



Roasted Broccoli

1 pound broccoli florets
1/4 tsp chili flakes
4 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt

Pre-heat oven to 400F.

Scatter broccoli across a sheet tray.   Do not overcrowd the tray as this will cause steaming rather than roasting.  Add chili flakes, garlic, olive oil, and salt.  Stir to coat.

Roast 20 minutes or until cooked through with parts of the florets having a nice bit of char.  Let cool slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...