Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Jerk Chicken

I stole Jessie's picture along with the recipe for this yummy dinner.  I actually have mixed feelings about this meal.  I absolutely LOVED the chicken, but ruined my grill pan in the process of making it.  That being said, I liked the chicken so much I would probably just buy a cheapo one-use-grill at the corner store to make it again.  I'm sure it would taste even better grilled.  I also thought about putting everything in the crock pot and serving the chicken shredded over rice.  Don't tell Jessie's dad, but I think it just might work.




1 Tbsp. ground allspice
1 Tbsp. dried thyme
1 ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
1 ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1 ½ tsp. ground sage 
¾ tsp. ground nutmeg
¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp. garlic powder
1 Tbsp. sugar
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup soy sauce
¾ cup white vinegar
½ cup orange juice
juice of 1 lime
3 habanero peppers, finely chopped (I just used one jalapeno so it wouldn't be too spicy for the kids)
1 cup chopped white onion
3 green onions, finely chopped
1 whole chicken, cut up into serving pieces 


In a large bowl, combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and sugar.  With a wire whisk, add the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice.  Add the habanero peppers, onion, green onions and mix well.  Add the chicken, cover and marinate overnight.  Remove chicken from marinade and grill until fully cooked, basting the chicken with the marinade while it's cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...