Monday, June 14, 2010

Broccoli, Chicken and Rice Casserole

You will almost never see anything that resembles this in my cupboard:

But I love my husband dearly, so every now and then I will bring one of these lovely cans home to make this recipe, which is one of his absolute favorites. I didn't take a picture of the dish because after looking at it, you would never have given the recipe a try. So you'll just have to trust me that this a serious comfort food for my man and, odds are, you will probably like it too!

1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
1 cup water
2 cups chicken broth
one 10 3/4oz. can cream of chicken soup
4 cups chopped broccoli
2 cups chicken, chopped into bite-sized chunks
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp onion salt
1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
Cook on high 4 hours.
If the casserole is too runny after 4 hours, remove the lid and continue to cook on high for 15 minutes.

I've adapted this recipe from the original found in Fix-It and Forget-It.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...