Saturday, May 9, 2009

Boneless Pork Chops

My friend, Brit, suggested I try this one from America's Test Kitchen. I'm not usually a fan of big hunks of meat on my plate, but the glaze was so yummy and the meat tender, I gobbled it up.

4 boneless pork chops (I could only find them in packages of 3, so I just made 3)
1/2 cup cider vinegar OR distilled white vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup apple cider
2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
pinch of Cayenne pepper

Cut 2-3 nicks in the outer white skin of pork. Rest chops on paper towel to absorb the moisture. Season with salt and pepper.

Heat 1 Tbsp. oil on high heat. Sear the pork chops 4-6 minutes on one side. Turn and sear 2-3 minutes more on the other side. Remove the pork chops from the pan, set aside, and wipe the pan clean with a paper towel.

Mix the rest of the ingredients for the glaze and add to the pan. Add pork to the glaze and turn the heat down to medium high. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes until pork reaches 140 degrees. At this point, I didn't have a meat thermometer, so I just cooked the pork until it didn't look too pink inside. It ended up being closed to 7 or 8 minutes.

Remove the pork from the pan and let it rest. Meanwhile, continue to cook the glaze until it reduces down (the bubbles in the glaze are big). Glaze is done when you can drag a spatula through it and it comes out clean. Serve pork with glaze on top.

2 comments:

  1. Only America's Test Kitchen would have a step like "Cut 2-3 nicks in the outer white skin"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have any apple cider when I made this so I used Jack Daniels and it was SO GOOD. The cider vinegar still made it taste appley. I used JD on purpose the 2nd time I made it. YUM. The men liked drizzling the glaze over the green beans and rice I served with it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...