Sunday, March 22, 2009

14-Layer Cake

14 layers?! Yes. 14 layers. I'd been wanting to make this cake since I first saw it, so I took advantage of my mother-in-law's Kitchen Aid and being at my in-law's house (AKA, free babysitting!) to try it out. It was so much fun! I'm not going to try and post the recipe. I wouldn't do half as good as where I found it, so just go here. But I'll share some pictures of my 14-layer baking extravaganza!  This would be fun to adapt to a person's age for their birthday cake - turning ten = ten layers!

Dividing the batter among 14 aluminum baking pans.

The finished product before cutting into it.

It worked! And it even tasted pretty good.

4 comments:

  1. What in the world?! You're ambitious!!
    It looks beautiful and very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you able to pack the kitchen aid in your suitcase?? I want you to make this for me in Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you are amazing...i would probably never (and i mean ever) try this and you did! wow...i'm bowing to you at this very moment... (but don't worry, not in an "i worship you way" just i'm stinkin impressed!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cake was better than "pretty good"-- it was delicious. The picture of it is great. My favorite part of the process was when you sliced the first piece. There was this anticipation building. Then, you removed it and
    all of us let out a genuine gasp at how perfect it looked inside. I would compare it to the first cut of a rough diamond.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...