Monday, February 24, 2014

Apple Walnut Pancakes

After staying in my sister's home for a month and making myself comfortable in her kitchen, I came away with the decision that I was ready for an electric griddle.  I'd avoided one mainly because they seem like such an awkward device to store and my cupboard space is limited.  But she sold me.  So I asked for one for my birthday and my husband pulled through.  We've been eating pancakes, bacon, eggs, grilled sandwiches, and quesadillas like kings!  Mainly, I love my new kitchen friend because I can cook whatever we're having in at least half the time it used to take me to feed my family of five, which means the time I'm standing in the kitchen versus the time I'm sitting at the table with my family has a much better ratio now!  So here are the pancakes I made last Saturday.  We lingered at the table, myself included, and ate the entire batch!



1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
2 cups milk
2 eggs, well beaten
2 Tbsp. oil
1 cup diced or grated apples
1/2 cup chopped walnuts


Combine flours, salt, baking powder and brown sugar in a large bowl.  Set aside.

Combine milk, eggs, and oil in a separate bowl.  Add liquids to dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.  Add apples and walnuts, stirring just until combined.

Bake on hot, lightly greased griddle.

1 comment:

  1. I laughed when I read this...we got a large electric griddle for a wedding gift and I wondered what in the world I would need it for and considered returning it because I thought it would take up too much space! But, we ended up keeping it and am now so glad that we have it because it has gotten so much use! These sound like yummy pancakes--we'll have to give them a try! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...