Thursday, June 13, 2013

Three-Grain Pancakes

My regular Saturday morning pancakes are much more fluffy than these were, but I didn't hear any complaints from the crew.  I like that these are high(er) in fiber and sweetened with a little honey.  Pile 'em up!


1 cup plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
2 Tbsp cornmeal
1 Tbsp oat bran
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 2/3 cups milk
3 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla


In a medium bowl, combine flours, cornmeal, oat bran, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.  In a large bowl, whisk egg.  Add milk, honey, and vanilla and mix well.  Add dry ingredients and mix well.

Preheat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.  lightly spray or brush with vegetable oil (who am I kidding - I always cook my pancakes in butter!).  Pour 1/4 cup batter onto griddle for each pancake.  Cook until bubbles form on the surface, about 2 minutes.  Turn and cook until golden on the other side, 1 minute longer.  Serve with toppings of your choice.


Recipe taken from The Big Book of Breakfast by Maryana Vollstedt


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...