Saturday, March 24, 2012

Asian Chicken Orzo Salad

If you've followed this blog at all, you know that I'm a big fan of Bites.  I'm actually a bigger fan of the blog's author!  Here's a little something from Jessie that I wish I could dig into right now!
Jessie here and I've got a yummy salad to share.  Angela always teases me that 75% of my recipes have the word taco in the title.  Well, if I'm crazy about tacos, she's crazy about asian recipes.  That's why this recipe is perfect for her!  In fact, if you live near her in England, please make this recipe for her after her sweet baby is born!  She will love it!



1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
3 green onions, chopped
3 cups diced cooked chicken
1 cup water chestnuts, drained and chopped (I didn't use)
1 (16-ounce) package orzo, cooked and drained
1 (9-ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons hoisin sauce
1 (2-ounce) package (1/2 cup) slivered almonds, toasted


Cook sugar snap peas according to package directions; drain well. In a large bowl, combine sugar snap peas, orzo, water chestnuts, chicken, green onion, and red bell pepper. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce. Pour over orzo mixture, tossing gently to coat. Stir in toasted almonds. Cover and chill until ready to serve.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...