Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chili


My sister is great at using "methods" to cook instead of recipes.  She inspired me to "throw together" my own chili the other night.  It was delicious, if I do say so myself!

1 pound ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
1 can (15 ounce) tomato sauce
2 cans (15 oz) kidney beans, drained
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp chili powder
3/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp pepper
3 Tbsp ketchup


Combine onion in a large pot with beef over medium heat, breaking up meat with a spoon.  Cook until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender, about 10 minutes.

Add the rest of the ingredients.  Reduce heat and simmer for at least 20 to 30 minutes.

Serve in bowls topped with grated cheddar cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! So explain the cooking with methods...I am a recipe follower...and would love to just "throw" stuff together. Any tips on methods??? Thanks, Ang!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...