Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cottage Cheese Muffins

My son and I made these nutritious muffins together and I found them to be surprisingly more tasty than I expected! I've posted plenty of good recipes that use sun-dried tomatoes, so don't shy away from buying a small jar.

1 cup plain cottage cheese (low-fat is fine)
3/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1/4 cup flour (your choice - I used whole wheat)
1 cup almonds, very finely ground
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil), finely chopped
1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
1/4 cup water
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a muffin pan with medium-sized paper baking cups, you'll need nine of them. The muffins stuck to the paper cups pretty bad, so next time I'll either spray the cups, or just spray the pan and skip the cups.

Put the cottage cheese into a bowl with all but 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, water, and eggs, and season with salt, then mix all together.

Spoon the mixture into the muffing cups 3/4 full, scatter with the remaining Parmesan, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set, risen, and golden brown. Mine were way too done at 30 minutes. I'd start checking at 20. Serve as hot or at room temperature.

Makes 9 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...