Saturday, May 9, 2020

Carrot Cake Pancakes

Last week was "pancake week" in our home - pancakes for breakfast every day!!  Inspired by the quinoa pancakes, I tried a few more versions of blender pancakes.  None of them were a disappointment.  I made several changes to this original recipe and told my kids they were "carrot cake pancakes", leaning heavy on the carrot side and light on the "cake" =)


2 cups milk (I always use non-dairy milk in blender pancakes)
2 eggs
1/4 cup soft butter
4 or 5 medium carrots, roughly chopped
4 dates
2 Tbsp honey
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 - 1 tsp cinnamon (I like a lot of cinnamon, but some might think I overdo it!)

Put everything in a high-power blender (like a Vitamix).  I always make sure the liquid goes in first.    Blend for 1-2 minutes, or until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.  Let batter sit for a few minutes.  If the mixture seems too think, add a bit of milk and blend until the consistency is "pourable".
Cook like normal pancakes.  I always cook my pancakes in butter - my family likes the "crusty edge" that melted butter gives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...