Monday, May 26, 2014

No-Bake Chewy Granola Bars

My neighbor shared a batch of these after my youngest was born and I've been making them since.  I made a few changes, but they are one of my go-to after-school or road trip snacks.  Similar to energy balls, a couple bites pack a sweet protein punch.


2 1/2 cups rice crispies
2 cups quick-cooking oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla


In a large bowl, combine cereal, rolled oats and raisins; set aside.

In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and honey.  Bring to a boil over medium-hight heat, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat.  Stir in peanut butter and vanilla; blend until smooth.  Pour over cereal mixture; mix well.  Press firmly into ungreased 13x9 pan.

Let cool.  Cut into bars.  Store in airtight container.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...