Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chicken Adobo with Coconut Rice

I have another recipe for adobo that I've always enjoyed, but after tasting this version, I don't know that I will ever make the other one again!

  • 1 small sweet onion, sliced
  • 8 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces or (I used 4 boneless chicken breasts)
  • 2 bay leaves


  • Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a small bowl mix the onion, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar and water, and pour over the chicken. Add bay leaves. Cook on Low for 6 or 7 hours. Shred chicken with two forks. Cover again and cook for another 2 or 1 hours. Serve over coconut rice.


Coconut Rice

One can of coconut milk
1 1/2 - 2 cups water
2 cups white rice

Combine the rice, water and milk in a pot with a lid. Bring to a boil then turn the heat down to low and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed, 30-40 minutes. Makes about 4 cups of rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...